Full Stack Java Developer
Full Stack Java Developer required by a leading IT company based in Johannesburg. 3+ Years’ experience, Bachelor’s Degree and Java Certification is required. Solid experience with J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Rest, Microservices, SOAP, NodeJS, ReactJS, EmberJS, NodeJS, jQuery or BackboneJS, Spring MVC, API’s, etc. required.
- Familiarises existing methods and procedures to create possible other solutions to potentially complex problems.
- Appreciates the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses significant reasoning to determine solution and takes guidance on complex problems.
- Main collaboration is with direct supervisor. May work together with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within the company.
- Defines methods and procedures on new assignments with assistance.
- Conclusions often affect the team in which they reside.
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within the company. (advantageous)
- Full SDLC experience
- 3+ years’ experience
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Scrum Certification advantageous
- Java Certification ideal (Version 7 upwards)
- Libraries – jQuery or Backbone.js
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks – Foundation or Bootstrap
- Angular and Node JS advantageous
- Back End:
- API design and development
- REST services / Microservices/ SOAP
- Database technologies like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL and MongoDB, Dynamo DB
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, and ISS etc.
- Functional, Performance, Integration and Unit Testing experience mandatory
- Spring, Hibernate, SQL and Industry ORM frameworks,
- REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, XSD
- Application Server Experience (JBOSS, Wildfly, SpringBoot, Tomcat)
- Developer Workflow/Collaboration Management tool (Jira, Confluence etc)
- IDE (Eclipse, VsCode, IntelliJ)
- Build and dependency management (Maven or similar)
- Branching Strategy to support the GIT release management (Gitflow)
- Code Review (Bitbucket, GitHub, Crucible, Findbugs, Checkstyle)
- Unit Testing (Junit, Mockito, Jacoco)
- Integration Testing (SOAPUI, Postman)
- Automated Testing (Selenium)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis)
- Artefact Repository (Nexus, Archiva, Artifactory)
- Performance and Load Testing (JMeter)
- Quality Management (SonarQube, SonarLint)
- Performance Profiling tools e.g. DynaTrace
- Experience in Legacy Modernization to New Technologies advantageous
- Cloud Experience (AWS/Azure)
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Open-minded to learn new technologies
- Design and technical documentation experience
The company offers very competitive salaries.
Only apply if you have the relevant experience!
If you have what is required, then please apply with your comprehensive CV and a skills matrix.
Full Stack Java Developer