HR Manager required by an IT company based in Rondebosch, to lead and manage the end-to-end People/HR strategy to ensure the business objectives are achieved through the creation and deployment of relevant HR programmes, tools, policies & frameworks. Manage, influence & review the total overhead budget for the business and monitor the costs against business targets & budget. 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role with an HR qualification, experience with IT recruitment, building talent pools, general HR Management, and knowledge of Labour Legislation and other related Legislations are required. This is an EE role.
- Facilitates and owns creation of end-to-end employee touchline from recruitment to exit, with identification of strategic touch points to attract, retain, and incentivize the best talent
- Ensures employee touchlines are mapped against core customer touchlines with clear and measurable standards of performance at every touch point
- Continuously updates and identifies improvements for employee touchline to deepen company talent pool and influence performance against mapped customer touch points
- Leads the implementation of the performance management systems that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs
- Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding, and orientation, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants
- Assists in developing recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, development and off boarding practices and strategies
- Ensures all employees have defined roles, responsibilities, and job descriptions
- Ensures all departments and employees have clear and transparent performance metrics and appraisals
- Ensures all departments and employees understand how their roles map to core customer touch points with clear standards of performance
- Own and manage the manpower resources for the business including the plan on an annualised basis for optimised headcount management
- Internal resourcing – review succession plans & talent.
- Conduct interviews and screening for all external candidates
- Ensure an external talent pipeline in built in line with the resourcing plans of the business.
- Lead any organisation change initiatives for the business.
- With “Best employer” goal in mind, together with the senior team, create the desired culture, that manages and monitors employee engagement interventions and practices
- Understand and review the business structure to ensure this is fully optimised (e.g. metrics such as overhead to NSV.)
- Reward & Recognition Programmes – create and own
- Embed annual reward programs and manage local compliance process and timelines.
- Coaching senior team, line managers and employees to ensure there is full understanding of total reward package.
- Diagnose the need for reward interventions to ensure we attract, retain, and develop the right people
- Benchmarking all roles in the business to ensure we are market relevant/ competitive
- Ensure appropriate polices and procedure are in place
- Manage interviews and investigations on ER issues, complaints, and grievances.
- Drive the roll out of annually of performance management process
- Provide employees and management with guidance, education, and support regarding the annual process
- Deliver relevant performance management training on a one-on-one basis
- Ensure that all performance data are uploaded onto the relevant systems
- Ensure compliance to all relevant labour related legislation and implement necessary
processes, where relevant, to ensure risk is managed for Amway
- Build capacity with line management and Human Resources staff pertaining to labour matters
- Provide employees and management with guidance and education pertaining to labour related queries
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of Employment Equity and Occupational Health and Safety processes and practices
- Develop and maintain the implementation of relevant wellness initiatives and interventions to ensure the overall wellness of all staff
- Provide employees with advice on work/personal issues and where appropriate or necessary, counseling i.e. the Employee Assistance Programme
- Provide senior managers with crucial feedback of any situations that may be surfacing within their areas of responsibility to avoid unnecessary grievances from staff
- Provide other general advice to managers and employees on a variety of Human Resources matters, including conditions of employment, employee conduct and staff grievances.
Learning and Development
- To establish, drive and embed the learning and development framework, through design and strategically integrating training and development
- Management of the training budget
- Consult with line management in conducting skills gap assessment and analysis for all staff (where relevant)
- Drive the completion of staff Development Plans and ensure that all relevant interventions i.e. training, job shadows, internships etc. is implemented and delivered
- Ensure consolidation of all organisational training plans for the company, including the sign off and completion of relevant documentation for submission i.e. WPSP (Work Place Skills Plan, Annual Training Plan)
- A Social Sciences, Business Science Degree, Human Resource Management Higher Diploma or a relevant Human Resource qualification
- 7-10 years HR generalist experience
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in management capacity in an IT environment
- Computer Literate (Microsoft office suite, e-mail, payroll and Human Resource Management software package)
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal & written
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good planning and co-ordinating skills
- Ability to influence and drive change
- A high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Sound decision-making and judgement
- Ability to build partnerships
- Apply innovation to the environment
- Track record of success driving long term value into the business through the implementation of sustainable human resources programmes.
- Extensive experience across the full spectrum of HR, both as a practitioner and leader.
- Experience in leading HR strategies aligned to the specific business strategies – coupled with the ability to convert to simple outcomes and executed brilliantly
- Demonstrated ability to interact, influence and lead senior individuals across the business
The company offers very competitive salaries.
Only apply if you have the relevant experience!