IT Operations Lead
IT Operations Lead with Operations and Delivery experience required by FinTech in Cape Town, to drive the implementation and support of operating requirements ensuring alignment to service monitoring, availability and health. Aligned with the 24×7 operating environment, this role will also negotiate the implementation and management support of a new Operating Model. Success for this position is measured in the delivery of the IT Operations capability in the eyes of customers and internal stakeholders, developing strong product, process and technical acumen within the team and driving iterative improvement. 5+ years of relevant experience being a manager and domain owner within IT Operations. ITIL Certification required.
- Work across functional teams, design, implement and maintain critical procedures utilised by Service Delivery, Major Incident and IT Operations functions.
- Responsibility for communication during incidents, driving escalations, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring outage updates are timely, accurate and of high quality.
- Provide recommendations on troubleshooting and other technology improvements to quickly resolve incidents, ensuring infrastructure and application stability.
- Continuous development & daily management of service quality, focused on increasing customer satisfaction via reduced meantime to restore service, increased data quality and comprehensive notification.
- Utilise continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. ability to quantify impact, increase productivity, shorten feedback loop etc.) to improve service delivery.
- Maintain communications and coordination between internal and external service providers to maintain situational awareness at all times.
- Foster relationships with all customers, internal teams and end users becoming a champion of user satisfaction.
- Drive regular meetings with Business Units and Support Units on IT incidents and IT problems.
- Drive changes across department to improve on application and infrastructure availability and service targets.
- 5+ years of relevant experience being a manager and domain owner within IT Operations.
- Demonstrable experience providing leadership and strategic vision within area of responsibility.
- Track record working with Senior Managers and Executives, exhibiting composure, credibility, and technical acumen.
- Familiar with major incident management functions.
- Familiarity and ideally qualified in ITIL Foundations with Event, Incident, Problem, and Change Management processes.
- Strong skills in establishing and management of operational procedures
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to coordinate relationships of various IT technologies for the delivery of business services.
- Detail oriented, knowing how to drive change to promote order, control and consistency into an Operations environment.
- Very good written and oral communication proficiency in English.
The company offers very competitive salaries.
Only apply if you have the relevant experience!
If you have what is required, then please apply with your comprehensive CV and a skills matrix.
IT Operations Lead