Snr Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer required in Durban. 5+ years’ working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely; experience installing, maintaining and supporting a corporate/ISP infrastructure environment and corporate network environments (LAN & WAN). Advanced server systems administration (Linux/Unix), networking – routing, switching, firewalling and general IP networking experience. Advanced DNS administration. VMware, HyperV, ESXi and related. In-depth understanding of BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN, CCNA/CCNP (or equivalent), SAN/NAS technologies and VPN and WAN setup/support.
- Maintenance of ISP network and hosting environment, including mail, DNS, firewall, web and all virtual server environments.
- Effective involvement in projects and the rollout of solutions to clients.
- Support and maintenance of custom in-house applications.
- Managing the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Be accountable for effecting remote and onsite IT support to all internal and external stakeholders in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken
- Provide technical support in terms of hardware, software, systems and administration
- Provide after-hours support on rotation with the team
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Build and document network management and telemetry road maps for infrastructure and services.
- Integrate network management platforms into the Microsoft cloud for new and existing technologies.
- Experience in workload deployments to public clouds: Amazon, Azure, etc
- Architecture and design of fault tolerant systems
- Advanced server systems administration (Linux/Unix)
- Advanced networking – routing, switching, firewalling and general IP networking experience
- Advanced DNS administration
- VMware, HyperV, ESXi and related
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting a corporate/ISP infrastructure environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN)
- VPN and WAN setup/support
- Indepth understanding of BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN
- CCNA/CCNP (or equivalent)
- SAN/NAS technologies
- Mail server experience (Postfix, Sendmail, Exim, Antispam/Antivirus, DNSBL, SMTP protocol & general mail routing)
- Wireless networking
- LAMP stack
- BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN
- PHP & WordPress admin
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure experience
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems such as OTRS, Zendesk & osTicket, Heat, Remedy, etc.
- Microsoft certifications, including MCSA-O365 and MS900/MD101/MS101/MS500
- Microsoft Azure certifications in AZ103/AZ300/AZ500
The company offers very competitive salaries.
Only apply if you have the relevant experience!
If you have what is required, then please apply with your comprehensive CV and a skills matrix.
Snr Systems Engineer