Tech Lead Engineer – Production Support
Tech Lead Engineer required by FinTech company in Rondebosch. Support the production environment, security Management, Disaster recovery. A Tertiary qualification and 5+ years’ experience in production support in a Linux environment is required. Micro Services/Containers, APIs, SQL, Json/XML is required with solid problem-solving and communication skills.
- Support the production environment, upgrade, security management, disaster recovery
- Setup and configure the Production, SIT and Dev environments
- Implement and maintain associated system configurations
- Provide support function to internal teams and clients
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with software solutions
- Ensure that communication channels are established with all clients at a technical level
- Investigating production related queries as raised by business or external parties
- Ensure that adequate testing has taken place before implementing new systems or changes to existing systems
- Ensure that periodic tests are executed at the DR site
- Ensure that failover procedures are documented and kept up to date
- Ensure that all technical documentation is maintained, and product enhancements periodically reviewed
- Ensure effective monitoring systems and the building of tools, dashboards, and automated processes to empower the product and organizational
- Test any new system releases / upgrades from Development or Service Providers
- Ensure that a testing schedule and procedure is available
- System Maintenance (Production and Test)
- Be the SME for the hosted service
- Provide support to customer via excellent written and spoken skills
- Provide process enhancements and recommendations
- Responsible for recurring system changes on the environments
- Provide solid technical foundation to/across all customer environments
- Proactively manage the customer environments
- Ensure that all incidents are logged and effectively managed, resolved and escalated if necessary
- Identify trends across customer base and feedback observations and assessments
- Revision of technical documentation and specifications as part of troubleshooting process and contributing to the Knowledge base
- Detailed investigation and analysis of incidents which might include, but is not limited to:
- Analysis using tools like SQL Profiler, Network sniffers and Windows Performance Monitor
- The ability to write and edit scripts or simple programs
- SQL and TSQL scripting to query and update database contents
- Linux and Windows OS skills required
- Participate in incident escalations and resolution, which may occur after hours
- A tertiary IT, Software or Engineering qualification
- Understanding of Linux from an administrative perspective: core fundamentals, command-line operations, scripting, service monitoring, IP tables, networking tools.
- Experience with micro services/containers: eg. Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong network troubleshooting skills (e.g. Wireshark)
- Some understanding of APIs: SOAP, REST or similar
- Network protocol and security knowledge (e.g. TCP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, SSL)
- Certificate management and understanding
- Experience with building and maintaining modern monitoring, analysis and diagnostics systems, e.g. Prometheus, Splunk, or similar.
- Strong JSON/XML understanding with configurations and management
- Application server experience reading of system logs and writing of scripts
- Advantageous: Scripting experience: eg. JSON objects for monitoring purposes
- Advantageous: Experience in querying SQL databases for analytical and diagnostic purposes would be beneficial
- Advantageous: Proficiency and experience working with cloud environments.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills to identify any issues or problems and assess the severity of the problem, determine an appropriate approach to solving problems, develop plans for implementing solutions etc.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Have a high level of client service orientation
- Be self-driven and have high energy levels
- Be organized and assertive
- Be a logical thinker
- Be able to work independently with a high level of responsibility
The company offers very competitive salaries.
Only apply if you have the relevant experience!
If you have what is required, then please apply with your comprehensive CV and a skills matrix.
Tech Lead Engineer – Production Support